So how many of you actually thought I'd have everything ready to go before 11:03 PM night before retreat? Yeah, right, I just now started a load of laundry. I've been upstairs slicing and packing. Here's my official project list ('cause it's what's packed, lol)
1. Baby girl D - July quilt - finish piecing top (all cut, need to assemble 12 blocks and put together)
2. Baby boy D - june - piece top (cut except for borders)
3. Thangles blocks - whew, at the last minute I found my Thangles, though I'm almost out of 3". I'll hopefully swing by mom's and grab hers since mine did get used on her BOM from last year :-). she owes me, lol.
4. Happy scrappy - not cut or anything. I've even managed to lose a pattern :-(. Maybe mom will let me have her fan pattern. Again I can pick it up on the way :-D. But I have my background fabric and ALL of my 1930's FQ :-). So I'll be in the same boat as I was before - which ones should I use?
5. Zoo Parade - pieces for backing (not counting sashing/border) cut, green sashing/border fabrics in bag, top in bag, along with zebra stuff & book. Will need to fuse zebra block, zig-zag zebra/lion blocks, and finish piecing top.
6. SBS blocks - I only got pieces for 4 or 5 cut, but have fabrics along for the rest.
7. And if that's not enough, I have a baby quilt ready to bind - binding's sewn onto front, just needs hand stitching on back.
8. FQ - they did say to bring extra for Left, Right, Center
Projects not coming....
1. Bubba's football quilt - hey, he's getting my zoo parade, so football can wait :-).
2. Other quilts needing binding: sea life, pastels, dino
3. Big C's denim/flannel rag quilt
4. obviously rest of baby quilts - not even going to go there.
So now I need to decide what clothes to wear - at least they'll be clean since laundry's in now :-). I also need to pack shampoo/etc, let my iron cool down (after ironing tomorrow's outfit) & load my car. And yes, my sewing machine was the first thing to go into a travel case. Including extra needles & the pedal. So i'm good there. I've also got my cushion to sit on packed with it. I think I may quickly switch bags and use a suitcase like someone else suggested. I'm up to too many already with just my sewing stuff.
Tomorrow I hope to get out before 12. I need to stop by mom's on the way and maybe I can run into a quilt store????? I'll need to check google maps in the AM if I get a chance. I'm going to stop by a store someplace and pick up snacks to share with everyone :-). Probably chocolate chip cookies??? I was going to try to make brownie cups, but yea, i'm not baking at 11:32 PM.
I'm debating on whether to bring lappie. I'm going to sew, but it would be nice to have if internet is available up there. I'm not sure. I also have to modify a C++ buffer overflow program as well as write a JAVA bouncing ball program. Both are due next week and are the final assignments for their respective classes. Good news is that the Tuesday class is cancelled as the professor is out of town, so I'll have then to work on them if I need to. I'll decide in the morning.
Well, laundry's changed, so I'm going to go load the car with sewing stuff. I wanted to jump on here to make sure I packed everything :-). Looks like I got enough.
1 a week challenge 1930's 2011 48 Weeks 9-11 Accuquilt allergies Angie Tedder apron arrow cabinets asthma aunt baby quilt backing backup baking basting batiks bday becca reads the bible Best Friends Bible binding block lotto blogging blue BOM Bonnie Hunter borders brownies Bubba Bubby Build a Better Backside buttons camp car seat challenge Christmas Christmas Quilt-A-Long church church group clean color challenge comfort computer contest cookies cooking corvettes for kids Cowboy Rodeo cutting dad daily giggle denim and co. design design wall dessert Dillon dillon's critters DM donation dreams DWM easy election day EQ7 ergonomic eye candy fabric purchase Fabric Shack fashion mate 237 FB fear Fedex finish first post flu FNSI friday night sew-in Friday night sew-out friends Frisch's giveaway go cutter goals gold coins google gospel graduation gym health help hem hobby lobby house HRB Husky i spy ink jaybird quilts Jennifer Jesus Jill joann's John Carr judy Judy L kitchen label label cloud Linda LQS LRC machine magazine mail matey memories moda bake shop mom movies music nap Natalie New Year's no-sew fleece blankets NQD organization oven pain panel paper crafts pclassic BOM PIF pillowcases pincushion pioneer woman plan plants prayer request printer purse q4k QAYG qfirstKY quilt group Rachel's Sunshine rag quilt rant recipe report resolutions retreat roommate safety pins sandy's SBS school serger Sew Mama Sew sewing desk sewing for others shipshewana shopping sick Star Struck Start-to-Finish Stash Stash Pot Pie stash report sunbonnet sue surprise survey swap swaps Tammy Tadd techniques Thangles thanks towel townhouse traffic trominoes ufo UFO challenge 2011 vbs vidoe Virtual Quilt Day vote walmart wasps waun-a-finish waun-a-quilt waun-a-start winner WIPs WOBQ work wv YBR yellow you can quilt this out