If you died today, where would you go? This question is very relevant today in light of a man named John Carr. He and his family attended our church a few years ago, before switching to a church closer to their home. They were very active in our church and maintained relationships with several families here. Their two older children attend our Bible college.
Yesterday (Saturday, August 1), he and my Sunday School teacher were participating in a triathlon in Louisville, KY. Without warning, during the bicycle portion of the race, Bro. Carr was struck from behind be a drunk driver. He died at the scene. No one ever expected for a death to occur during this race. It has been run nearly 30 years without serious incident. Bro. Carr had no time to react, no warning that he was about to be killed. One moment he was riding his bicycle, the next, stepping into eternity. His eternity is Heaven. Many years ago he trusted Jesus as his Saviour. He knew where he was headed.
If you have never trusted Jesus as your Saviour, now is the time to do so. None of us know how much time we have left to live. Any moment we could be killed, be it by a drunk driver, a stray bullet, a heart attack. If it had been you on that bicycle, where would you now be for eternity? Do you even know? Would you be in Heaven or would you be in Hell? You can know that you'll be in Heaven. It's your choice, your decision. Only you can make it for yourself. No one can decide for you and you decide for no one. Make it now, for your death may come just as suddenly and without warning as Bro. Carr's did.
1. Know that you are a sinner. The Bible says in Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." and in Romans 3:10 - "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
2. Know that there is a sin-debt that must be paid. Romans 6:23(a) - "For the wages of sin is death;" and Revelation 20:14-15 - " "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.""
3. Jesus paid the sin-debt for us. Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." and Romans 5:8 - "But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." and John 14:6 - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
4. Anyone can trust Jesus as his/her Saviour Romans 10:9 - "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." and Romans 10:13 - "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." John 5:24 - "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."
If you would like to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, simply bow your head and humbly:
1. Admit to God that you are a sinner.
2. Tell Him you believe Jesus died for you.
3. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins and save your soul.
4. Then believe that He promised to save you.
Don't wait until it's too late to make this decision. You never know what waits around the corner for you. It's your choice - your decision. Make it now.
1 a week challenge 1930's 2011 48 Weeks 9-11 Accuquilt allergies Angie Tedder apron arrow cabinets asthma aunt baby quilt backing backup baking basting batiks bday becca reads the bible Best Friends Bible binding block lotto blogging blue BOM Bonnie Hunter borders brownies Bubba Bubby Build a Better Backside buttons camp car seat challenge Christmas Christmas Quilt-A-Long church church group clean color challenge comfort computer contest cookies cooking corvettes for kids Cowboy Rodeo cutting dad daily giggle denim and co. design design wall dessert Dillon dillon's critters DM donation dreams DWM easy election day EQ7 ergonomic eye candy fabric purchase Fabric Shack fashion mate 237 FB fear Fedex finish first post flu FNSI friday night sew-in Friday night sew-out friends Frisch's giveaway go cutter goals gold coins google gospel graduation gym health help hem hobby lobby house HRB Husky i spy ink jaybird quilts Jennifer Jesus Jill joann's John Carr judy Judy L kitchen label label cloud Linda LQS LRC machine magazine mail matey memories moda bake shop mom movies music nap Natalie New Year's no-sew fleece blankets NQD organization oven pain panel paper crafts pclassic BOM PIF pillowcases pincushion pioneer woman plan plants prayer request printer purse q4k QAYG qfirstKY quilt group Rachel's Sunshine rag quilt rant recipe report resolutions retreat roommate safety pins sandy's SBS school serger Sew Mama Sew sewing desk sewing for others shipshewana shopping sick Star Struck Start-to-Finish Stash Stash Pot Pie stash report sunbonnet sue surprise survey swap swaps Tammy Tadd techniques Thangles thanks towel townhouse traffic trominoes ufo UFO challenge 2011 vbs vidoe Virtual Quilt Day vote walmart wasps waun-a-finish waun-a-quilt waun-a-start winner WIPs WOBQ work wv YBR yellow you can quilt this out