Well, no sewing's going to happen tonight. I'm beat. Tonight was the Valentine Banquet @ church and I worked nursery. I had 11 girls ages 5 to 7. They were all good and I only had to remind them a couple of times that we use our manners and say please, thank you, and you're welcome and that we say nice things to each other. The girls played hopscotch and pretend during drop off and while we waited for supper. Pizza was delivered about 7:15 for all of the kids and the nursery director provided juice boxes and a cookie for dessert. After eating, we made our pasta hearts (colored pasta glued onto a heart shaped piece of cardstock) and then made bookmarks. My helper, J., led them in a game of "Horsey, Horsey, Where's Your Heart?" (the V-day take on "Doggy, Doggy, where's your bone?" since we had a heart cutout that we were using). Then we had the Rice Krispy treats I made and finished out the evening with a quick game of musical chairs - to Christmas music. Apparently the 3 year-old's (the classroom we met in for the evening) haven't changed their CD since December :-). I gave all the kids goodie bags to take home - a Frisch's kids meal coupon, 1 small sheet of stickers, a heart shaped mini-notepad, 2 pieces of candy, and a pink hairband.
But, my tomorrow looks pretty free! I'm planning on going to the gym in the morning since I didn't get to go tonight. Then I need to take care of some basic housekeeping issues around my house and then I get to sew! Saturday is the 2nd Saturday, so it's the Christmas Quilt-A-Long, which means that at least some of my sewing needs to be Christmas related - either for me or for a present. Lucky for me, I get to kill 2 birds with one stone by working on dad's star struck UFO. So without further ado, my goals for the weekend:
1. mail BL blocks. PO opens @ 9, not 8 on Saturdays (my first fail). Envelopes are completely sealed and addressed (my 2nd fail). Hopefully 3rd time's a charm and I'll get to the post office with everything ready to go when it's open :-).
2. Dad's Star Struck - UFO #10 on Judy's list. Also qualifies for the Christmas Quilt-A-Long. I've got enough units cut for 18 16" blocks, but need need a total of 30 12" blocks or about 200 more 4" units. So my goal is to cut enough darks so that I can finish piecing the 4" units and maybe even start making the 16" blocks. I've got plenty of lights cut.
3. Dad's placemats. His bday is later this month and I want to give these to him with his present. I did not finish binding all of them before Christmas, so I had to take back 3. I think this is the first I'll have seen him since then, so I better have them ready!
4. Zoo Parade binding - need to finish binding this quilt, it's my UFO #6 from last month that I never finished
5. Make "fabric" out of 2" violet squares to use for either a purse or a Bible case. Quilt it if I get a chance. Qualifies for Judy's monochromatic challenge for the month.
Since I've got some hand work going on, I may see if I can run by the library and rent a DVD or two to watch.
Hope y'all have a good 2nd Saturday tomorrow!
1 a week challenge 1930's 2011 48 Weeks 9-11 Accuquilt allergies Angie Tedder apron arrow cabinets asthma aunt baby quilt backing backup baking basting batiks bday becca reads the bible Best Friends Bible binding block lotto blogging blue BOM Bonnie Hunter borders brownies Bubba Bubby Build a Better Backside buttons camp car seat challenge Christmas Christmas Quilt-A-Long church church group clean color challenge comfort computer contest cookies cooking corvettes for kids Cowboy Rodeo cutting dad daily giggle denim and co. design design wall dessert Dillon dillon's critters DM donation dreams DWM easy election day EQ7 ergonomic eye candy fabric purchase Fabric Shack fashion mate 237 FB fear Fedex finish first post flu FNSI friday night sew-in Friday night sew-out friends Frisch's giveaway go cutter goals gold coins google gospel graduation gym health help hem hobby lobby house HRB Husky i spy ink jaybird quilts Jennifer Jesus Jill joann's John Carr judy Judy L kitchen label label cloud Linda LQS LRC machine magazine mail matey memories moda bake shop mom movies music nap Natalie New Year's no-sew fleece blankets NQD organization oven pain panel paper crafts pclassic BOM PIF pillowcases pincushion pioneer woman plan plants prayer request printer purse q4k QAYG qfirstKY quilt group Rachel's Sunshine rag quilt rant recipe report resolutions retreat roommate safety pins sandy's SBS school serger Sew Mama Sew sewing desk sewing for others shipshewana shopping sick Star Struck Start-to-Finish Stash Stash Pot Pie stash report sunbonnet sue surprise survey swap swaps Tammy Tadd techniques Thangles thanks towel townhouse traffic trominoes ufo UFO challenge 2011 vbs vidoe Virtual Quilt Day vote walmart wasps waun-a-finish waun-a-quilt waun-a-start winner WIPs WOBQ work wv YBR yellow you can quilt this out