I'll be pretty busy this week, but I hope to squeeze in a lot of quilting. Each evening this week I've got at least a two hour commitment (class/church/platelets) which will limit my sewing and quilting time. But I am trying to look at each project in baby steps (go FLYlady!) For June baby boy I just need to finish binding the quilt and then label it. I've decided on my "baby quilt label" -
A special baby, sent from Heaven above,
An answer to prayer, given in love,
A gift to be treasured, welcomed with love.
Made for _________ by __________ on (month year).
"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord." Psalm 127:3a
So tonight I plan on getting that taken care of for June baby boy.
I also need to finish cutting the fabrics for my dad and label each one. His quilt is a sudoku style quilt. I still need two more fabrics for the blocks - I've currently got 14 but I'm doing a 16 X 16 version. One of the fabrics I'll actually get yardage out of so I can have a matching border. I may need to pick up some more neutral as well. I'm trying to decide if I should do a quilt as I go method, so I would have a 4 X 4 pieced back + borders, rather than just quilting after the top is finished. That idea is attractive to me, as I want to learn the method. Doing so would kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Later this week I plan on:
1. basting/quilting/binding/labeling July baby boy quilt (the 1930's blue/yellow top)
2. piecing and basting the train quilt for the special 1 year old.
3. piecing a yellow-brick road girl's baby quilt for my preacher's little one due in Oct. I did all the cutting I could do before sewing last night.
4. cutting & piecing all the SBS blocks I've got fabric for (I think about 6 or 7 more - I need fabric for just one set I think)
5. Labeling and adding signature blocks to all my SBS blocks. I'll need 50 total.
6. Shopping!!!! Always a fun time. I need backing for the train quilt. I also need all the fabric for that little boy's new baby brother. I need to pick up a little bit for the SBS blocks. I also need to get the coordinating F.Q. that match Beth's fabric for her pillows. I think one or two from my stash will work out. Luckily the store closest to me is having a 30% off sale.
7. Washing and pressing all my new fabric.
8. Basting throw for mom. She's hinting that someone could make her a quilt. Well, won't she be surprised when she doesn't get it for her birthday. Hee, hee, hee. I want to give her the placemats for her birthday so she can actually use them this holiday season.
So I've got a busy week coming up!!!! Not to mention 12 hours of tax classes. :-D. Gotta love the off season. Luckily Saturday is the "All Night Quilt" at the store here in town, so I'll have some time to work.
Next Saturday we're going to see the cousins ... and you know what that means ... even more shopping ... the Fabric Shack :-).
All for now,
1 a week challenge 1930's 2011 48 Weeks 9-11 Accuquilt allergies Angie Tedder apron arrow cabinets asthma aunt baby quilt backing backup baking basting batiks bday becca reads the bible Best Friends Bible binding block lotto blogging blue BOM Bonnie Hunter borders brownies Bubba Bubby Build a Better Backside buttons camp car seat challenge Christmas Christmas Quilt-A-Long church church group clean color challenge comfort computer contest cookies cooking corvettes for kids Cowboy Rodeo cutting dad daily giggle denim and co. design design wall dessert Dillon dillon's critters DM donation dreams DWM easy election day EQ7 ergonomic eye candy fabric purchase Fabric Shack fashion mate 237 FB fear Fedex finish first post flu FNSI friday night sew-in Friday night sew-out friends Frisch's giveaway go cutter goals gold coins google gospel graduation gym health help hem hobby lobby house HRB Husky i spy ink jaybird quilts Jennifer Jesus Jill joann's John Carr judy Judy L kitchen label label cloud Linda LQS LRC machine magazine mail matey memories moda bake shop mom movies music nap Natalie New Year's no-sew fleece blankets NQD organization oven pain panel paper crafts pclassic BOM PIF pillowcases pincushion pioneer woman plan plants prayer request printer purse q4k QAYG qfirstKY quilt group Rachel's Sunshine rag quilt rant recipe report resolutions retreat roommate safety pins sandy's SBS school serger Sew Mama Sew sewing desk sewing for others shipshewana shopping sick Star Struck Start-to-Finish Stash Stash Pot Pie stash report sunbonnet sue surprise survey swap swaps Tammy Tadd techniques Thangles thanks towel townhouse traffic trominoes ufo UFO challenge 2011 vbs vidoe Virtual Quilt Day vote walmart wasps waun-a-finish waun-a-quilt waun-a-start winner WIPs WOBQ work wv YBR yellow you can quilt this out